Advising Office Employment Opportunities
This person provides academic advice and identifies appropriate resources and opportunities
available in CBA and the University; counsels students in achieving educational
and career objectives and educates students on requirements, policies and procedures
of the College of Business Administration. Candidates should possess excellent communication
and organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
This person greets and assists visitors and directs phone calls and performs clerical
duties, such as scheduling appointments, data entry, filing, mailings, etc. Strong
communication and organizational skills are needed, as well as the ability to prioritize.
This person assists permanent staff members with projects, mailings, research, data
entry, etc. Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and InDesign
preferred, but not required. Organizational and prioritization skills, along with
the ability to work independently are necessary.
International Student Advisor
This person provides academic advice and identifies appropriate resources
and opportunities available in CBA and the University; counsels international
students in achieving educational and career objectives and educates students
on requirements, policies and procedures of the College of Business
Administration. Candidates should possess excellent communication and
organizational skills and be detail-oriented. Preference will be given
to current undergraduate upperclass CBA students (sophomores, junior, seniors)
who have an international background and fluency in another language. All
candidates should possess excellent skills in English, both written and spoken.
Students will be expected to work 10-12 hours per week, but hours may vary
depending on special University events.
Study Abroad Student Coordinator
Duties include collaborating and planning recruitment for next year’s education abroad programs, including communicating
with students about the program options, coordinating and presenting information sessions for participants, and planning
and managing special events.
• Markets, recruits, advises, and prepares students to participate in education abroad through one-on-one meetings and presentations
• Aids in coordinating education abroad fairs (up to two per semester), pre-departure orientations, and classroom visits
• Manages marketing materials and maintains accurate student records related to study abroad
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and attention to detail
• Outstanding written and oral communication and decision-making skills
• Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (preferred)
• Complete study abroad experience prior to first day of employment
Peer International Student Advisor
Work with international students by:
- Providing academic advice and related orientation and registration assistance
- Identifying appropriate referral to resources and opportunities available in CBA & UNL
- Educating students on requirements, policies and procedures of the College
- Facilitating conversations on impact major/class changes will have on visa/employment status
- Assist in the organization, engagement, and delivery as well as provide assistance at international orientation/transfer/advising days and other related programs throughout the year
- Possess excellent communication and organization skills
- Be detailed oriented
- Possess excellent skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Upper-class student preferably in the College of Business Administration with a satisfactory academic record
- International experience/background is helpful; additional language background would be advantageous
- Expectations to work 10-15 hours per week
- Reports to the Academic Advisor for International Engagement
Apply online on the Advising Office Job Application page.
Advising Office Volunteer Opportunities
CBA Student Ambassadors
The CBA Student Ambassadors are current business students who assist the college
with various recruitment activities throughout the year. They serve as hosts/greeters
at recruitment events, serve on student panels, give building tours to visiting
families and correspond with recruits through email and postcards.
Applications are not currently being accepted.
For more information:
Contact Mark Davis or stop by the Undergraduate Advising Office at 114 CBA.
Become a Student Ambassador
The College of Business Administration is seeking new members to represent the college
as Student Ambassadors. The Ambassadors selected will represent the college during
the academic school year. Their term of service will begin during the fall. Student
Ambassadors will have the opportunity to interact with current students, prospective
students and faculty at various recruitment activities throughout the academic school
year. This is a volunteer position.
CBA Student Ambassadors:
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills
- Make meaningful connections with prospective students through sharing personal experiences and knowledge about UNL CBA
- Opportunity to work closely with University staff and faculty
- Enhance personal resume
- Completed one semester in CBA
- Must currently be enrolled as a full-time student in the College of Business Administration
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Must be available to assist with various recruitment activities
- Ability to relate to students from various regional, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to manage time commitments to ensure academic success and completion of Ambassador duties
Tier 1 Help Center Technician
CBA Information Technology Services is currently seeking highly motivated, customer oriented computer technicians to provide
Tier 1 support for end users. Successful applicants will possess excellent customer service, communication, troubleshooting,
multitasking, and technical skills. Responsibilities include maintaining a broad and continually evolving knowledge of technology
(computer hardware and software, printers, networks, conference room and classroom multimedia equipment), policies, procedures, and
end user education. Must have the maturity and reliability to provide user support accurately and consistently. Technicians typically
work 15-20 hours per week. Join our team and work on exciting and challenging IT projects within a culture based on respect and collaboration.
Applicants must be currently enrolled UNL students taking at least 1 credit hour. Wage negotiable based on experience, $8.00/hour minimum.
Apply online at Technical Services Application.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate guidance and assistance in the operation of all hardware, software,
media, multimedia, and other equipment and technology supported by ITS, and resolve
problems or escalate as necessary.
- Proactively respond to walk-in and telephone inquiries by providing accurate answers
and solutions to common questions and problems, and escalating all other issues
as appropriate to help ensure a prompt and positive resolution for the end user.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting functions in ITS computer labs and
classrooms to ensure clean, productive working environments, and to resolve problems,
or escalate as appropriate.
- Closely follow timelines, checklists, and other reminders to ensure routine tasks
are properly and consistently completed.
- Enforce policies in ITS computer labs and classrooms.
- Maintain clean working spaces in all ITS computer labs and classrooms, as well as
in the User Services and storage areas of the ITS department.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of ITS.
- Continually build and improve job-related skills and knowledge, especially during
Projects and Infrastructure Technician
CBA Information Technology Services is currently seeking highly motivated, customer oriented projects and infrastructure technicians to provide
computer support and deployment of systems for end users. Successful applicants will possess excellent customer service, communication,
troubleshooting, multitasking, and technical skills. Responsibilities include maintaining a broad and continually evolving knowledge of
technology (computer hardware and software, printers, networks, client management tools), policies, procedure and end user education.
Must have maturity, attention to detail and reliability to provide user support accurately and consistently. Join our team and work on
exciting and challenging IT projects within a culture based on respect and collaboration. Pay is starting at $10.15/hour for 15-20 hours
per week Monday-Friday. Work study desirable.
Apply online at Technical Services Application.
To be considered you must indicate your available hours for the Fall 2015 semester.
For questions, contact Jeff Sherrill at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-472-5251. Applicants must be currently enrolled
UNL students taking at least 1 credit hour.
New Media Technician of Design
The College of Business Administration is currently seeking students for the position of
New Media Technician of Design starting immediately. Candidates will work both independently, with the CBA New
Media and Digital Assessment Coordinator and with other members of the CBA ITS team.
The position requires familiarity with page layout design, digital photography skills, and associated
computer editing software. Basic knowledge of exposure control, color correction, and image
compression is required.
A creative eye, tech-related writing skills, and a passion for digital design is desired. Additionally, a basic
knowledge of audio/video recording and editing is preferred.
Candidates who possess good customer service skills and willingness to work with clients are highly desired.
Students who are not Business majors are preferred.
15-20 hours per week Monday-Friday. Work study desirable.
Apply online at Technical Services Application.