Lincoln is home to a variety of entrepreneurial accelerators and incubators. The goal of the Center for Entrepreneurship's Startup Studio is to complement these by preparing students to take full advantage of them. As a pre-accelerator, we provide students not only with the physical space, but with mentorship from local business people, entrepreneurs and faculty. Participating in the Startup Studio is a collaborative choice and students are expected to review one another's ideas and contribute meaningfully to them. When they are ready for the next step, students are directed to other university services to further develop their business.
As part of the Center for Entrepreneurship, the Startup Studio is free, non-profit, and does not invest of take equity in the companies it accepts. Students from all Nebraska colleges are welcome to join.
In addition to mentorship and collaboration, the Startup Studio offers:
- Co-Working and meeting space
- Computers with access to University of Nebraska-Lincoln databases and resources including JSTOR, ReferenceUSA and ESRI
- 12-person boardroom with conference calling and SMART board technology
- Computer workstations with high-speed internet
- Telephone service
- Printers, scanners and copiers